Global Environmental Network, Inc. is seeking a self motivated, enthusiastic individual for a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Writer position. The selected individual will assist with writing storm water plans, annual reports, Notices of Termination (NOTs), dewatering plans, and related documents for compliance with Storm water regulations, particularly the California Construction General Permit (CGP). The SWPPP Writer is responsible for conducting initial site assessments, designing Best Management Practices (BMPs), and developing SWPPP documents and drawings. A portion of this position will require time in the field at project sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial site visits of proposed project sites
- Develop pollution control design plans, including designating BMPs and identifying pollutant sources
- Conduct risk assessments for CGP applications
- Calculating site run-on/ run-off volumes
- Develop SWPPPs, including Water Pollution Control Diagrams (WPCD), dewatering plans, and BMP designs
- Trouble-shoot site compliance and BMP issues, including re-designing construction site BMPs in the field as needed, and developing amendments to reflect site changes
- Developing Notices of Termination (NOT), including conducting final site walks as needed
- Completing Annual Report documentation on the State’s SMARTS system
- Develop sampling plans
- Verify site compliance with SWPPP, maps and permit conditions
- Facilitate and lead SWPPP-related training and other relevant communications for project staff and
- Compliance with GENI- and client-specific Health and Safety requirements. Successful Candidates Should Have
- QSD certification strongly preferred
- 2+ years of construction site storm water experience preferred
- Strong MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and internet skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Best Management Practice (BMP) and NPDES regulation knowledge
- Familiarity with construction job sites and plans
- Familiarity with field sampling equipment and procedures
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment, random, and annual alcohol/drug screen
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment and annual physical and valid California Driver’s License with clean driving record.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter, with salary history.
Send your resume with cover letter to:
Human Resource Department
Global Environmental Network, Inc.
P.O. Box 8068
Fountain Valley, California 92728
Or fax, e-mail, contact us at: